Questions about the International School OWL
- In average, each class has 15 students
- Our students learn German from the very beginning and can achieve level C1 (booth in German and English) with their 3-year school education. Basic language skills are therefore not necessary or required.
- The German Baccalaureate is a general education school-leaving certificate that is an international form of the “Fachhochschulreife” (IB Programme / International A-Level), which is quite similar to the International Baccalaureate. A special aspect of the German Baccalaureate is that it combines the global focus of international oriented education programmes (e.g. International Baccalaureate) with additional German courses.
- Short: No, the German Baccalaureate fulfills the admission and entry requirements of universities in Germany and worldwide. With the German Baccalaureate students from abroad (international students) can start studying in Germany without a so-called Feststellungsprüfung (FSP) or another year in a foundation college.
Questions about the boarding
- The focus of the International School is set on a qualified education offer with global focus, whereas the Boarding School offers a state-approved boarding, support & care concept. Therefore, the International School OWL combines a qualified international education with a German high standard boarding school.
- Day students are students who take part in the education offered by the International School OWL without boarding. Students who are enrolled as day students should have already reached the age of 18 and live in Paderborn or near Paderborn, for example with their family or as an au pair.
- Students who already live in paderborn or near Paderborn can be enrolled as day student (without boarding, accomodation, [..], support & care). The tuition fee without boarding is 12.000 € a year.
International students who profit from the unique global oriented education offered by the International School and the qualified support & care concept of the Boarding School, we charge a boarding & tuition fee of 36.000 € a year.
Questions about the application process
- The application process is not resticted and students can apply for the International School OWL at any time. Application form
- There is a number of international students, who can profit from scholarships or financial support, offered by their home country or different programmes in Germany. However, scholarships are not common for students of boarding schools or international schools in Germany and we – as international school – can not offer scholarships or similar programmes. For more information or personal support, please don’t hesitate to contact us. / Free Consultation
- All you need to apply to the International School OWL is to fill in the application form on our website. As soon as we have received your application, it will be checked and confirmed by our team. If your application fulfills all requirements, you will usually receive a confirmation of admission in a timely manner.
The entry requirements of the International School OWL are quite simple to fulfill. When applying for the International School OWL, students should have reached a minimum age of 15 and should also have a strong knowledge of English (IELTS 4.5 or equivalent) as well as a junior high school diploma. For further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. / Free Consultation